Whilst visiting the Bed Show in Telford, UK last Autumn, we had the opportunity to try all six beds in the fabulous new British Dunlopillo Beds Signature Collection. Although a little different from the pocket-sprung mattresses that we are used to, they felt amazingly comfortable. The mattresses responded and adapted beautifully to our bodies and movements and we just knew that this would encourage restful and restorative sleep. We also found that, unlike our experience of memory foam, we didn’t struggle to change position. This must be due to the seven comfort zones in the mattress which cushion and support your body according to where it is most and least needed.
British Dunlopillo mattresses are made from natural latex which is derived from the sap of rubber trees and we found it incredible that it takes one tree over 500 days to create enough latex for a single mattress! So we have eagerly chosen to supply these mattresses as they are clearly far superior to and much more environmentally friendly that the memory foam mattresses.
7 Fantastic Reasons to buy a British Dunlopillo Mattress!
- Latex is one of the most eco-friendly mattress fillings. The trees purify over 90 million tons of carbon dioxide a year;
- the natural latex used by Dunlopillo is sourced from sustainably managed plantations;
- Latex has anti-allergenic, anti bacterial and anti-microbial properties;
- it is resilient, responsive and noise free;
- due to the way that British Dunlopillo make their mattresses they are self-ventilating for the whole of their life (which means that you will not need to turn them);
- the bed will have a constant and comfortable temperature; and
- you won’t need to worry about moisture being trapped in the mattress.
They have also been designed to deliver a long-lasting-performance and will hold their shape and remain durable for years to come.
Add to all of this the sophisticated slatted bedsteads and headboards in a beautiful range of fabrics, and you will have not only the most gorgeous centre-piece for your bedroom but also an exquisite sleep experience night after night for many a year.