The Steinhoff Bedding Group, which includes Relyon, were named Runner up in the Manufacturer of the Year category by the National Bed Federation. The panel decided that the Steinhoff Bedding Group deserved recognition for placing great emphasis on investment in new fleet and warehousing, training amongst its employees and driving sales points upwards. The awards were announced to the winners by Marcus Brigstocke at the Bed Show's Gala Dinner (20th September) at the Telford International Centre. Said Ebrahim Patel, president of the NBF: “Now in their sixth year, the bed industry awards are the pinnacle of excellence and this year the competition was stronger than ever with the quality of entries improving year-on-year, giving the judges an ever harder task. Once again the awards demonstrate that the bedding industry has some brilliant companies doing very brilliant things – and it's great to be a part of that. Well done to our winners!”
Our partnership with Relyon
Relyon Beds and Mattresses – British Beds Worldwide is proud to be able to deliver the very highest quality luxury Relyon beds almost anywhere in the world. Our European delivery service will ensure that the Relyon range can be delivered to your door anywhere in Europe, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxemburg and Belgium to name but a few.Whether in China or New Zealand, Dubai or Singapore, our worldwide service will deliver your Relyon bed using our highly experienced and knowledgeable global carriers. The cost of delivering your Relyon is often a pleasant surprise to our customers; therefore don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
Relyon – A history of luxury and quality
"Relyon Limited started life in 1858 as a wool merchant in the Somerset town of Wellington. Originally named by the founding Price family as Price Brothers and Co., the business moved rapidly into manufacturing beds and in 1935 changed its name to Relyon Ltd. Since that time the Relyon brand name has become synonymous with luxury beds of the very highest standards of product design and manufacturing quality and is now recognised as the leading UK manufacturer in its field.
In 1966 Relyon became a public company known as Relyon Group p.l.c. and used its considerable financial strength to diversify into other areas. In 2001, the group was acquired by Steinhoff International Holdings Ltd., a quoted South African group with worldwide sales in excess of £500m. Steinhoff has over 90 factories worldwide with a strong presence throughout Europe, South Africa and Australia.
In addition to the Relyon bed division, the Steinhoff UK Group includes: Pritex, an industrial foam and fibre products business; Norma, a leading mattress manufacturer in Holland; and Steinhoff UK Furniture, the Group wholesale and distribution arm in the UK.
As the market leader in the production of luxury beds, high quality best mattresses, divan sets, storabeds and bedframes, the Relyon brand can be found in all leading furniture stores in the UK. The quality of the Relyon range has been recognised by a number of awards. These include the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers in the City of London by the awarding of their highly prestigious Production Guild Mark. This mark of excellence, together with the company’s ISO9000 certification, reassures customers that they are investing in the best products on the market. Relyon now employs 400 people in bed manufacturing and is firmly established as by far the most significant supplier to the top half of the UK market.
Relyon Mattress Craftmanship
If you ever get to see the inside of a Relyon mattress you will see sumptuous layers of the finest quality fillings. Specially chosen and expertly blended to provide the perfect sleeping experience. To suit individual needs, Relyon has developed mattresses of natural fibre and mattresses with anti-allergenic health benefits. And with different spring counts and combinations of fillings, there are mattresses of varying firmness and feel that will respond perfectly to an individual’s size, shape and weight, offering unsurpassed levels of comfort and support.
- Pocketed Springs Individual steel springs sewn into small fabric pockets. The springs are placed beside each other (nested), and then linen cord is threaded through the springs tying them together, but leaving each spring free to respond to the contours of the body.
- Finest Quality Fibres Chosen for their superb luxurious comfort and resilience these quality fibres also help the mattress to breathe.
- Handles & vents Mattress handles make for easier movement and turning of the mattress if and when required. Within the stitching of the handles are small ventilation holes that aid air circulation and help to reduce the amount of moisture retained.
- Hand-stitched sides A feature of many Relyon mattresses is the stitched sides that extend the sleeping area to the very edge of the mattress by supporting the mattress walls. This also ensures the necessary rigidity and strength of the mattress for many years.
Relyon Divan Craftsmanship
Every Relyon divan base is designed and constructed with the greatest care and attention to detail, with much of the construction carried out by hand. One of the prerequisites for a great night’s sleep is the quality of support given to the mattress. Relyon prides itself on the quality of materials and build synonymous with its divans.
- Cane-Edged – The quality of construction of Relyon’s divan bases is second to none. To ensure each bed surpasses the needs usually required of it, the thickest possible cane edge surrounds the divan spring unit to offer additional support to the mattress, to the very edge.
- Sturdy Construction – The timber is first glued together to form the basic frame, and then screwed together to form a level of rigidity that is far superior to other divan bases available.
- Castors – The castors that support Relyon’s divan bases are chosen for their strength and ability to support the substantial weight of Relyon products compared to many competitors.
- Timber Drawers – Relyon uses timber drawers because they are able to hold greater weight than others. Additionally, the frame employs dovetailed joints as they help form a stronger joint than normal.
Relyon Storabed Craftsmanship
Solid timber construction for strength and rigidity; carefully selceted timbers to ensure minimal colour variation; sprung slats for extra comfort and support for the mattress; and easy assemble internal brackets improve the overall aesthetics of the product. Careful attention to detail has enabled Relyon to become a market leader in guest beds that store as a single but convert easily into two singles or a double bed. It couldn’t be easier. The two-fold mechanism can be opened and closed with just one hand. A fully sprung mattress includes layers of comfortable upholstery.
Relyon Bedframe Craftsmanship
Attention to detail in both design, material and finishing sets Relyon apart. All Relyon luxury beds are designed with ease of assembly in mind. Sprung slats for extra comfort and support for the mattress. Hand finishing is common on styles and types of bed frames. Every hand finished antique brass and silver bed is unique and designed to be an heirloom of the future.
Every Relyon divan base is designed and constructed with the greatest care and attention to detail, with much of the construction carried out by hand. One of the prerequisites for a great night’s sleep."